Help & FAQ
What are your product guarantees?
Our products have a 30-day money back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your order we will give you your money back. All you have to do is simply send back the product. Contact us if you need to start a return.
Where do I send return items?
Simply contact us and we will provide all the details needed to process your return.
What are the steps for assembling and using Doctor Easy ear washers?
- First attached the splash shield onto the nozzle
- Second, insert the clear plastic straw provided in the package to the bottom of the sprayer.
- Then twist on the clear disposable tip, fitting onto the blue nozzle
- Keep in mind that our ear washers will NOT work without the straw attached to the sprayer or without the disposable tips attached.
- Place several drops of Wax-Rx Ear Wax Removal Aid drops in each ear and wait at least 5-10 minutes. Use cotton ear plugs to keep drops in place.
- Warm water to a VERY WARM temperature [approx 90-95º F] in a heat-safe container. Do not overheat.
- Because tap water quality can vary, use only distilled, filtered, or previously boiled water. if you boil water, allow it to cool before use to avoid injury!
- Fill the bottle with VERY WARM water and attach the sprayer. Test water temperature on your wrist before ear washing.
- Insert tip tubing well into the ear without it bending to allow water to flow freely.
- Place basin under the ear and rapidly pump water into the ear. Repeat as needed to remove all wax.
- Empty a pack of Doctor Easy pH Conditioning Powder into bottle and fill with VERY WARM water.
- Rinse ears with solution. Discard tip after use and any remaining solution.
Does irrigating ears with Doctor Easy ear washers hurt?
While there is pressure when washing, using Doctor Easy ear washers should never hurt. If this is the case, we recommend to stop using the product and contact your physician.
Do Doctor Easy ear washers cause vertigo?
Not everyone experiences dizziness/vertigo during ear washing, but it can occur in some. To help prevent dizziness, NEVER USE COLD WATER when washing your ears. If you should become dizzy, STOP IMMEDIATELY and rest your head until the dizziness passes. Once the dizziness passes, you can try again. When you do, make SURE you are using VERY WARM WATER and make SURE you are SEATED. If the dizziness does not pass, consult your physician.
What is the difference between the Wax-Rx and Rhino Ear Washer?
The Wax-Rx is a more portable version of the Rhino Ear Washer and is designed specifically for use at home. It includes everything needed in one kit: Ear wax removal aid drops, pH conditioning powder, a sprayer, splash guard, ear basin, and disposable tips. This allows for three at-home uses with refill kits available for purchase online, helping customers save money over frequent doctor visits.
Is it good to have ear wax? When should it be removed?
Some of our ears are more susceptible to ear wax buildup than others. While ear wax plays a role in keeping ears free from dirt, bacteria, and itchiness, many people suffer from ear wax buildup that can cause pain, infections, and muffled hearing.
Does irrigation work the same as extraction?
Irrigation is a simple, quick, and efficient way of removing ear wax, and is often much cheaper than manual extraction by a doctor.
Do ear candles work?
No, studies show that ear candles do not effectively remove wax and can be very dangerous. In fact, the FDA has issued warnings to consumers and healthcare providers alike not to use ear candles due to the risk of major burns and serious injury from candle wax entering the ear canal. For more information about why ear candles don’t work, visit earcandlingtruth.com
Are cotton swabs effective for cleaning ears?
No, cotton swabs can push wax deeper into the ear canal which can lead to impactions and even ear infections. There’s even a warning on every box of cotton swabs that states not to use in the ear canal! For more information about why cotton swabs are ineffective, visit betterearcleaning.com
Do any retail stores carry Doctor Easy ear washers?
Yes, over 5,000 Walgreens locations across the U.S. carry the Wax-Rx, as well as other retailers including Discount Drug Mart, Thrifty White, and Face Values. For a complete list, visit https://waxrx.com/pages/store-locator
Will Doctor Easy ear washers work for everyone?
Ear washing should not be done on individuals with ear tubes, an ear infection or a perforated eardrum, or those who have had major ear surgery. If you are unsure, consult a physician before using an ear washer.
Can I use Doctor Easy ear washers if I have ear tubes?
No, ear washers should NOT be used on anyone with tympanic tubes, or who have had major ear surgery. We recommend that you consult a physician if you are still unsure.